Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What a beautiful day in Wisconsin, we have sunny blue skies, the birds are chirping, I think Spring is here. This morning at my bird feeder there was a white squirrel, I have never seen a white squirrels, only the  black squirrels and red squirrels,and of coarse the grey squirrels, but white one, it was really different.
   Anyways back to business. This week I'm posting my entry From Screen 2 Scrap, if you have a chance stop on over to and check us out.  My second entry is a sketch challenge and a technique  challenge I did over at Soul Scrappers.

 The Month of May our Movie Clip is........
            For the extra 6 bonus points :
                  1.) A red bow = 1 pt.
                               2.)  A journaling  note = 2 pt.
                                           3.) Add names to the people pics that
                     you love = 3 pt.

Here is my Entry:


I had chosen  my family, Jennifer is my oldest daughter, then there is my silly husband Kelly and last of all my baby girl Hannah.


Now to my second layout which I did  for Soul Scrappers, it's a sketch by Deb Clark, a team designer from Soul Scrapper. Here is her sketch.
When I first saw this sketch I thought it was quite interesting. I wanted to do something totally different with this sketch.  With this layout I had chosen a picture, that my daughter had taken for her Photography class.

Here is my take on this sketch:


That old Brick Wall

The reason I picked this picture because it was so unique, plus Hannah
had taken the picture.

That Old Brick Wall

Is there anything left of you,
at all.
Well perhaps I'd have better luck,
with a brick wall.
It might not have a face,
nor name.
But no matter what I say,
It'd treat me the same.
At least it'd catch me when I fall.
It might not be a soft landing,
And I might break some bones.
But I'd still stand tall.
Maybe I'd be less of a disgrace,
Than I am now.
With not a mark to show for anything,
Not a bruise on my face.
That good old brick wall.
It'd catch me when I fall.

 author: unknown

It's  kinda sad poem, but it reminds me of instinct that  happen this last Fall.
At the University of Stout, where a group of college guys gotten into a fight.
 It ended  at the  Old Brick Wall.

In the memory of Bradley ( student at University Stout).



 I save the best for last, is a Scrap  page of my Dad.
Again another challenge over at Soul Scrappers. This challenge is an
technique challenge. We had to use an black and white or sepia picture.
It had to have a vintage feeling to it.
You had to used soft pinks, blues, and soft browns, with a touch of creamy white.
also you had to add some type of ribbon and lace.

 So here is my layout.

<><>
"My Dad"

Thanks ladies for stopping by, until next week. I'll have a few more scrapbooks pages.Starting in June I will be doing a card swap.What is a Card Swap, well, let me explain it,there a group of 10 Ladies, they each make  10 cards all the same.  Then the hostess of  the group get them all mailed to her, then she  divides them up and re sends  them back to us. Which we will receive 10 cards different cards. The theme is Birthday.
Until next week, enjoy that sunny blue skies.....
Mary






2 comments:

  1. Dear Little Sis, I love your pages, and you are right you saved the best for last. The page of "Dad" is awesome...what a pleasant special surprise. I will look for more pics as you requested...thank you for sharing. Love Ya
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Mary I love all your pages :) especially the last one of your dad.

    ReplyDelete