Monday, March 26, 2012

Hello

 I was very excited to hear from my daughter Hannah yesterday, she has been in Germany the past week, she is having the time of her life. We will be picking her up on Wednesday evening. I'm so excited to see, she has been gone for almost 10 days. She went to Germany on her Spring break, also with her German Class.


Anyways, I have been busy doing lots of different things this past week, between my ATC's to making my tags, and finishing my entry for Paper Secrets. Plus I had time to make  a batch of Blueberry muffins. Don't they look good Yummmmmmmmmy....




I will start out with my sketch entry over at Paper Secrets. This is week 8. I have been doing the challenged called SCRAP YOUR ASS OFF IN 7 DAYS.
You have 7 days to do this Layout.



doily
twine ****
stick pin(s)
3+ flowers****
rub ons
washi tape
3+ patterned papers****
bling****

TECHNIQUES
punches (border/corner)****
fussy cutting
distressing****

Here is my layout I just finished.

MEMORIES
In this layout I had made my flowers using the Tim Holtz Tatter Floral, one of my favorite die cuts. I used 2 of the larger petals and 2 of the medium size petals, then I attached them together using metal brad, then I ran them under water to so they were really wet, then I folded them up looking like a rose bud. As I let them set for awhile, then I unfolded the petals and let them dry. I think they turn gorgeous. Here is a closer look of them.
I might have to try this technique again. No matter what layout I  do .I always have flowers on it. I guess it's a girl thing, who doesn't loves flowers real or not.

Thanks for stoppin by:) until next time have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Could you post a couple of those yummy muffins over Mary? Hehe - they looks SO good! I am hungry now.

    What a gorgeous Lo with great photo, & a lovely sketch - beautiful work dear Miss Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! Your muffins look so yummy :)

    I love the page you did using the Paper Secrets sketch, good Luck Mary!

    I love that wet flower technique you used, i must try that :)
    Hugs
    shazza

    ReplyDelete