Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Everlasting blog Hop




Hello and Welcome;

 
I was invited by the lovely Karen of  Stamping Through the Eyes of Karen to join in this blog hop. It's an ever-expanding blog hop where we answer a few questions and then ask a few fellow bloggers to do the same on their blogs. I hope you'll enjoy learning a bit more about my passion.


1.) What am I working on ?

Currently I'm working on mixed media page. I found this new technique over at
 De-lish scraps. Here I will walk you thou step by step.
You will need a few supplies, paints, ink sprays or watercolor pan. Some old plastic package is perfect in variety sizes and  spray bottle with water. you will also need gesso.







Step 1.) you will need to apply gesso to your white cardstock.





Step 2.) Apply some paint on the plastic wrapper- use plenty of water on the plastic






Step3.)Spray water on your gesso paper where you want to paint.





Step 4.) Stamp the plastic down on the page and squish the paint around a bit.




Step 5.) Lift the plastic off

Step 6.) Repeat 1-4 steps as necessary

Step 7.) don't be afraid to add different colors, let colors dry before adding new.



Here is my finished product.




2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
When I ‘m creating scrapbooking pages, I like to take the ordinary and create something extraordinary! While I love trying new ideas and doing new things, all my scrapbook pages are easy to make and I love showing others how they can get the same look on their pages. A nicely designed page is a thing of beauty. Whether that page has one photo or ten, whether there is one white piece or cardstock or five different patterns, whether it’s a brand new paper collection or one that’s been in my stash for ten years, it can work and it can be easy to put together. That’s what I love inspiring my readers to do.
 




3. Why do I create what I do?
I create for many reasons. It started as a place to showcase my photos and has turned in to the creative outlet I need to restore my spirit. As things in my life get more and more technological, I find playing with my scrapbooking paper more and more comforting. Telling stories through my pages is another added benefit.












4. How does your creating process work?

After I have my pictures and my story, then it’s off to find the paper. My paper is mostly divided by color with a few themed items like travel, winter, sports pulled out together. I’ll pull a few papers I think could work and then go from there. Once I pick “the one”, then I decided on complementary papers and accents. Many times I create my own accents from the paper I’m using. After I get the pictures in the right place, I glue everything down and add my title and journaling. Then I step back. Sometimes there’s something missing. It could be an element or a texture, but I figure out how to make it work.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope enjoy blog, my door is always open. Feel free to
stop any time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a cool effect Mary. I guess the gesso stops the paper from absorbing so much. Clever! I enjoyed reading your write up too. Thanks for taking the time to join in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen for including me. Now I'll really have to keep it more updated.

      Delete